News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

TSA Easter Cruise 2008

Started by Old Forum, April 09, 2014, 07:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

David Cawston

Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 08:21 pm:      
In 4 weeks time we will hopefully be moored up at Hunters Yard on the Norfolk Broads having enjoyed some fabulous sailing over the Easter weekend (well I have to be optimistic don't I). And hopefully I will be in the company of several WBs. So if you have nothing else planned, please try and join in the TSA Easter Cruise (you do not have to be a member but at only £6 per year, it will not break the bank). We will be launching on Good Friday morning at the Swallowtail Boatyard which is almost nextdoor to Hunters and joining the rest of the fleet somewhere up Hickling/Horsey for the first night. Many other TSA boats will launch at Martham Boatyard (not Martham Ferry Boatyard). Let's see how many WBs we can get sailing together. The 4 we had on Windermere last October looked great.

Old Forum

martin cartwright

Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 09:38 am:      
Only a week away. Engine,painting, trailer etc etc. So much to do..so little time and it won't stop raining!

Do we have to notify Swallowtail Boatyard in advance, or just turn up? How many others are coming?

Old Forum

Roger Parish

Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 03:47 pm:      
I will aim to launch at Swallowtail yard on Thursday pm and then overnight nextdoor at Hunters Yard. I always ring to ask permission. I would imagine that the yard will be full of stored boats as they are unlikely to have launched many so early. Weather forecast is not good. One forecast said there could be snow on saturday! Dont mention that to my crew. Here is a picture I found of Collins yard taken in warmer times.

Old Forum

Martin Cartwright

Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 06:51 pm:      
Can we persuade you Andy to join us in Mudlark?
How can you resist with Roger's weather forecast!

Old Forum

Roger Parish

Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 08:28 pm:      
We set off to Norfolk today with boat in tow. As we left the M6 there was a horrible noise and I suspect that a front wheel bearing has gone on the Landrover! We had a rather undignified return on the back of a breakdown lorry! So we will not make the Easter cruise. Having just watched the latest weather forecast perhaps we have had a lucky escape!

Old Forum

Martin Cartwright

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 09:41 am:      
Roger. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
Latest forecast is for sleet on Friday and snow on Saturday and Sunday. I've never sailed in snow before - Should be some good photos if I can get anyone to take them. Is anyone else coming?!

Old Forum

Andy Dalby

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 06:36 pm:      
Sorry guys, last weekend we took Mudlark from Brundall Bay to Titchmarsh Marina for the season. Luckily this time we didn't have any disasters, just an uneventful trip. Bad luck Roger, I know how you feel. We'll be sanding and varnishing in the snow by the look of it.

Old Forum

David Peck
Username: David_peck

Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 12:18 pm:      
Andy,
I was interested to read that you have taken Mudlark to Titchmarsh. I have sailed from there in my friend's Sadler 32 "Stardust" on a number of occassions. He was there last weekend and mentioned that he'd seen your boat. My main reason for posting this note is that, all being well, I will be taking my WB "Cockle" to launch and berth at Titchmarsh in June to sail for a few days on the Stour and the Orwell. The Deben as well if I can catch the tides right. Just thought we might meet up?

Old Forum

Martin_cartwright
Username: Martin_cartwright

Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 06:45 pm:      
I will be sailing in these waters in June. It would be great to meet up with anyone if you let me know when you are around. Anyone else want to come? I promise you 'Windermerers', David C., Roger & Adrian, that the Stour, Orwell and especially the Deben, beat the Norfolk Broads for excitement and scenery (and Bass fishing if you are interested!).

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 07:32 pm:      
The TSA have just released their 2010 cruise calender and as usual the first cruise is on the Norfolk Broads over Easter, using the northern rivers and broads. We will be using Swallowtail Boatyard again, launching on Good Friday. Please if you can, join Partan and Markie and let's hope we are no longer in the grip of winter (it is chucking down wet snow this very moment in Northumberland).

Old Forum

Martin_cartwright
Username: Martin_cartwright

Posted on Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 10:30 am:      
Thanks for the invitation.I will try and join you if I can.
As my boat lives outside, it is always rather a struggle getting it ready for Easter, particularly if it means working on it in the snow!

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Friday, March 26, 2010 - 12:58 pm:      
I am keeping a very close eye on the forecast for Easter 2010. At the moment, galeforce northerlies with rain, sleet and very cold only just above freezing. Call me a wimp but sailing is supposed to be enjoyable (well the sailing I do) so plans for our Easter get away may well change.

Old Forum

Ben Fraser
Username: Ben_fraser

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 12:50 pm:      
Hi David. I wont be there this time, but i wanted to ask if the TSA send out details of cruises because i joined a while ago but i've not heard anything. I've already checked my details are correct. I'm keen to meet some winklebrigs when they come to scotland. Although Mudlark is not quite ready as she's under a blanket of snow!

Old Forum

Ben Fraser

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 01:48 pm:      
Would you believe it! An hour after I posted the above comment, a TSA news letter dropped in the door!

Old Forum

Ben Fraser

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 01:54 pm:      
How about a Winkle Brig raid in Scotland? Maybe Spring bank holiday, as I see the TSA are planning cruises then, at both clyde and caledonian canal.