Author Topic: Shannon Earne Waterway  (Read 1028 times)

dave_cawston

• View Profile
Shannon Earne Waterway
« on: September 30, 2016, 08:38:24 PM »
Hi, I am thinking of taking Markie next year to the Shannon Earne Waterway (ferry from Cairnryan to Larne).  Has anyone any info re slipways, good mooring spots, anything at all?

Paul Thomas

• View Profile
Re: Shannon Earne Waterway
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 10:26:12 AM »
Hi,

This looks like a great place for a WB.  I gleaned this info online, but I don't know which issue of Watercraft it was published in or when.  There are some sources listed at the end of the article as well as what you can find in the text.  Let me know how you get on, I might try to come with you.

Paul

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 02:07:29 AM »
Hi,

I gleaned this info online, but I don't know which issue of Watercraft it was published in or when. 

You lost me . What info ?

Paul Thomas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 05:35:40 PM »
Sorry I must have had another concentration glitch.

http://larkins.ie/Kite_in_Ireland.pdf

dave_cawston

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 07:26:02 PM »
Thank you for the link Paul, Lough Derg sounds delightful, I will investigate further.  The ferry crossing Cairnryan-Larne is the painful bit, costs wise.  300 + return

venturerdave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 08:43:54 PM »
Try taking a Motorhome to Spain, 400+ each way !

dave_cawston

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 06:56:11 PM »
Just booked ferry, Cairnryan-Larne return car+boat mid September 10.30 sailings, 200, a bargain I think.  A slight change of plans, now going to Lower Lough Erne, renting a cottage for a week at Manor House Marine and mostly day sailing (will spend at least one night at the north end of the lough), we are getting soft in our old age.  We are then planning a 3 day voyage through Enniskillen to Upper Lough Erne before returning to the marina and pulling out.  Anyone fancy joining our mini cruise?