Author Topic: Norfolk Broads  (Read 3065 times)

dave_cawston

• View Profile
Re: Norfolk Broads
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 03:32:32 PM »
We are hoping that we will be able to visit the broads next year, possibly over the first May bank holiday.  We would again use Swallowtail Boatyard for launching etc., plenty of space to rig, so easy to launch, long straight run down the slipway and secure parking.  Colin who owns the yard might allow overnighting in the van or on board ashore or there is a touring caravan park opposite the boatyard.  For overnighting on the water, Hunters Yard is next door but not on a Friday when the fleet is in.

rosswaddams

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2017, 04:44:25 PM »
Matthew

Yes, I shall definitely be going back to the Broads in 2018, probably for two separate weeks (it's a long haul from the West Midlands so I'm thinking of leaving Rogue over there in-between visits).

A visit to Swallowtail Boatyard (as recommended by Dave Cawston) could be part of one of those weeks - it's just around the corner and would allow a trip along the River Bure without the hassle of shooting (and hopefully, missing) Potter Heigham bridge. A few days on Horsey and Hickling Broads and a few on the Bure would make for a very pleasant outing, I'm sure.

I'd be very happy to spend some time cruising in company. We could get in touch in the Spring.

As I say, the guys at Whispering Reeds are very laid back but it would obviously be best to speak with them about over-nighting in the car park.

Cockle

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 05:08:24 PM »
Hi

We have just become the proud owners of 'Cockle' Winkle Brig 106 and have moored her on the river Bure for the season, It would be nice to meet up with other WB's on broads to find out if were doing everything correctly, new to gaff rig as just coming from dinghy sailing!

Best
Graham and Melanie

dave_cawston

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 11:24:02 AM »
Hi everyone,

Markie will be visiting the Broads in 2 weeks time launching on Monday 7th May at Swallowtail boatyard, Womack Water, Ludham and probably making our way up the Ant before returning to Hickling and Horsey later in the week.

Where abouts on the Bure are you Graham & Melanie?

David

dave_cawston

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 05:49:40 PM »
A week on the Norfolk Broads and did not have to get out the waterproofs once.
Cockle and Markie meet up.

Cockle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 09:59:56 PM »
Hi David

Sorry for the long delay getting back to you, great to meet up for lunch at South Walsham, good fun, Josie really enjoyed herself and I will post pictures of 'Markie' and aggressive birds later!