News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

How often do you go sailing

Started by Old Forum, April 08, 2014, 10:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 11:40 am:      
I know some of us can go sailing nearly every day and some just have the odd outing they trail to. I would be interested to hear how often people get to go sailing during the year.
For myself, my boat sits in my garden from October to April, I'm a summer sailor. From April to September I keep her rigged on a trailer at Rockley Boat Park on Poole Harbour. I drive down most decent weekends which I think usually works out about 20 times a year. Some times I just go for the day, but I try to go for at least one overnight out if I can, so I suppose I manage about 30 days sailing a year. Not too bad when I live 90 miles from the coast! How often does anyone else get out?

Old Forum

David Cawston

Posted on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 08:30 am:      
It is a great shame but Markie is only on the water 3 or 4 times a year. This year we were on the Norfolk Broads over Easter (5 days), the trailboat rally on the Grantham Canal (3 days), we are hoping to visit Windermere (with Partan) over the August bank holiday (3 days) and again in October with the TSA (2 days). So as you can see we do not get much sailing each year. Normally we have a week aboard in the summer somewhere like Torbay based in Torquay Marina (that is planned for next year in May).
With so little sailing it is no surprise that although Markie is 20 years old she still has the original anti-fouling (probably TBT).