News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Rigging information

Started by Matthew, April 06, 2017, 09:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

I have acquired wb63 which hasn't come with any details of how to rig her. Has anyone got a copy of some original instructions or could do me a diagram

Martin

Welcome Mathew!
Click on 'resources' on front page of web site, there are some original drawings here. Alternatively, if you have a specific question (eg Topsail, gaff, mainsheet etc etc), most of these have been covered over the years on this site but if not, ask and I am sure someone can help.
Happy sailing.

dave_cawston

Hi Matthew
Yes welcome.  If you are new to gaff riggers, it can take a bit of time to work out the rigging.  We took 4 hours to rig Markie the first time using Eric's original drawings and we are experienced sailors.  And of course over the 30 years we have owned Markie we have tweaked and modified the rigging, most radically with the running forestay.  So your rigging is probably a bit different to the original spec. anyway.  Have you got the topsail?  Great fun to play with and makes a WB so much better looking when under full sail. 
If you post your postcode here in this topic, I am sure a WB owner will get in touch and be only too pleased to offer to visit Holly and help you out.