News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Original Epi Twin gas cooker

Started by Old Forum, April 13, 2014, 07:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 05:02 pm:      
Hi everyone,
I have been having problems with my original 25 year old (as supplied by Eric) Epi Twin gas cooker and getting cylinders to screw on correctly which I think is due to the use of incorrect little 'O' rings, the ones located in the cooker that seal up against the top of the small threaded valve on the cylinders. Could anyone give me the correct OD (or ID) and thickness of the 'O' ring. Thanks.

Old Forum

David Cawston

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 07:41 pm:      
Eventually managed to find the necessary info from an Australian website http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/FAQ_GasStoves.htm So it is a BS011 in Viton rubber that I need and I have ordered 20 which works out at about 25p each. So if anyone else needs one or two (worth keeping as spares just in case), let me know and I can put some in the post FOC.
Warning, I found that the cylinders would lose gas if left connected to the stove, so now they are disconnected/unscrewed a bit if they are to be left for some time. Bilges full of butane/propane is not nice.

Old Forum

David Cawston

Posted on Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 11:18 am:      
Just when I thought I was home and dry with the cooker, the threads stripped from the bottom of the burners, where the cylinders screw in. So after several trips to camping shops to look at cookers, I purchased on-line, for about £22, a Campingaz Duo Plus stove and took the burners from this and mounted them in the EpiTwin chassis, so easy to do. With a bit of clever bodging, using the original on/off knobs and part of the brass rods that connect the knobs to the burners, I now have a fully functional, with more powerful burners, cooker that looks just the same as the original, with the added advantage of having cylinders that connect with the quick click C470 cylinders. All ready for our Easter cruise on the Norfolk Broads with the TSA, only the cruise has been called off as the forecast for Easter is so lousy. Roll on a bit of proper spring/summer weather.