News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Happy New Year 2011. What are your plans?

Started by Old Forum, April 13, 2014, 06:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Adrian Evans
Username: Adrian_evans

Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 01:44 am:      
I hope you have all been enjoying a happy and restive festive season, and are making plans for the coming season. It has been quiet for a while, and I know I am a major culprit, but have resolved to find a pontoon mooring for Peggoty for this year, either on Derwent or Ullswater I suspect, with the aim of spending more time on the water. I'm also considering building a little addition to the family, to accompany Peg and Fangle (the pedal catamaran!) This would be an outrigger sailing canoe, along the lines of Solway Dory's 'Osprey.' I would simplify the hulls and outriggers, along the lines of ,Hannu's boatyard' ply and taped seam construction, and endeavour not to infringe Solway Dory's copyright. As available time is always a problem for me, I would probably buy the complete rigs, rudder and lee board from Solway Dory. I like the idea of an almost uncapsizeable, portable, beachable camping boat that can hit 12knots or thereabouts. It would be lovely to hear how other Winklebriggers are dreaming about the forthcoming year - Happy New Year to you all!

Adrian

Old Forum

Phil Shimmin
Username: Philshimmin

Posted on Monday, January 03, 2011 - 02:20 pm:      
I'd like to second that, Adrian..Safe sailing to everyone. Already George Billington has proposed a Bala sail around Easter time.The first of the season.

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 08:46 pm:      
We are planning to spend Easter weekend and the following week on the North Norfolk Broads as part of the TSA cruise, taking advantage of the extra bank holiday on the Friday (Will & Kate's wedding). We also hope to take Markie down to South Wales and the Neath Canal for the IWA National Trailboat Rally on the second May bank holiday and whilst down that way trailing down to Torbay for a bit of day sailing from Torquay marina. I just hope all the ice and snow will be a distant memory by Easter, at least it is very very late this year.

Old Forum

David_owens
Username: David_owens

Posted on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 10:20 pm:      
After sailing Puffin in Cardiff Bay last year, and meeting up with the Big 3 (David Cawston, Martin Cartwright and Roger 'PostBoat - nee Partan' Parish in Milford, am venturing a bit further afield and joining a few guys in Poole harbour for a week (including one Winklebrigger), and if all goes well, hope to join the Old Gaffers in Milford Haven in August, and Holyhead end of August. Still on learning curve but loving it - and if all else fails, will enjoy Cardiff Bay and the occasional overnighter in that commodious cabin. Might pop down to Neath to tale a look at the IWA and say hello to David, but not with Puffin on this occasion. Whey hey, Spring is coming!

Old Forum

Phil Shimmin
Username: Philshimmin

Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 08:33 pm:      
Tomorrow (28th Mar)Paul Clarkson WB69, is joining me on WB100 for our first launch of the season, at Fell Foot.Last of the summer wine go sailing! Our wives are glad to see us go out to play at last.