News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Where is everybody?

Started by Old Forum, April 12, 2014, 01:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 10:09 am:      
This forum has gone very, very quiet. Where are you all? Has everyone stopped sailing, repairing, painting, fiddling with their Winkle Brigs?

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 05:50 pm:      
Getting ready for Easter and the Broads, rubbing down and Deks Olyeing the rear mast crutch, got to keep Roger happy, he (justifiably)complained about the state of mine, had done nothing to it since new (23 years ago) apart from new leathers. So it looks a fair bit better now (but not as shiny or substantial as Roger's).
Dave

Old Forum

Barend Nieuwendijk
Username: Barend_nieuwendijk

Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 08:22 pm:      
I have a lot to tell.
I have built in an electric propulsion, but no time to take pictures and write a story about it.
I will do next week (hope so)

Old Forum

Martin_cartwright
Username: Martin_cartwright

Posted on Monday, March 29, 2010 - 09:20 pm:      
How about a longer bowsprit, bigger jib, jib topsail and a Dolphin striker!

Will post details as soon as I know they all work.

(PS Roger:- Please hang onto the spare mast!).

Old Forum

James_parsons
Username: James_parsons

Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 09:25 pm:      
Hi all. I've just been really busy, and my poor WinkleBrig has languished under covers outside my garage for a few months, not helped by the awful weather we've had. I always fancied myself as an all weather sailor, but even I had to draw the line at chipping layers of ice off the decks and digging the trailer out of the snow - but now the weather is finally picking up and I've got time to get things shipshape again, so no excuses not to get out there! Also, my friend has just bought a house in Exeter with room for my boat to overnight in the driveway, so I can see the Devon coastline beckoning as a new sailing ground this year!

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 07:56 pm:      
Exeter, nice and handy for Torbay. Markie has visited Torbay several times, a good slipway into Torquay Harbour and a nice and friendly (and not too expensive in the great scheme of things) marina. And provided the wind is a westerly, there is lovely sheltered sailing across the bay to Brixham and possibly beyond to Dartmouth. Unfortunately the last two times we have had strong easterlies making things very unpleasant.
Any more WBs for Milford Haven in July? 3 are listed for the sail and oar fleet.

Old Forum

Kate Clarkson
Username: Kate_clarkson

Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 03:53 pm:      
Hi all, after purchasing our WB in Sept, we've been very busy over Winter giving 'Krafty Kate' formerly called 'Jenny Wren',a bit of TLC. New roller rift rigging, a coat of paint and a varnish job. I must say it looks GREAT! It's now moored on Windermere and we can't wait to set sail & enjoy her. Hope to see more WB's on the lake?