News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Winkle brigs in the news (again)

Started by Old Forum, April 12, 2014, 11:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 03:02 pm:      
I had the thrill last year of seeing my old Winkle Brig in Practical Boat Owner. I hadn't expected further glory in this month's Classic Boat. Skimming through the July issue in Smith's I was caught by the illustration to the article on buying a first classic boat:

Not just my "old" boat, but my photo! They must have nicked it off the website. I shall send them a letter asking for a bit of acknowledgment.

Old Forum

Barend Nieuwendijk
Username: Barend_nieuwendijk

Posted on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 11:05 pm:      
Hi Jullian,
Probably they printed the picture of Pelican to honour you for al the good work you have done for the Winkle Brig website!

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 11:28 am:      
Thanks for your kind comments Barend. I was going to write to Classic Boat and say "hey, you can't just use my photo" but then I remembered that I had posted this picture on Wikipedia with a note to say anyone could use it. So they did. But it was a nice picture, so it is nice to see it published. The place I anchored, which is below Studland village in Dorset, is so shallow that I waded ashore. When I turned round the sun just caught to boat for a moment (it was late September) so I snapped the picture