News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Beal Park Boat Show 2009

Started by Old Forum, April 12, 2014, 10:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 11:33 am:      
Anyone going to the Beale Park Boat Show at Pangbourne this weekend? I am going on Sunday and wondered if anyone else would be there. It is the best small boat show in the country and a lovely day by the river, if the weather is kind.
http://www.bealeparkboatshow.co.uk/

Old Forum

Julian Swindell

Posted on Monday, June 08, 2009 - 09:11 am:      
There was a 1995 Winkle Brig for sale on the Anglia Boats stand. Looked a nice boat, but I didn't get the sail number. Weather was mixed, but Sunday was good. Still the best show on the calendar I think.

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Tuesday, June 09, 2009 - 04:58 pm:      
Anglia Yacht Brokerage have 2 for sale, 2 & 95 http://www.boatsandoutboards.com/client/AYB001

Old Forum

James_parsons
Username: James_parsons

Posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 02:20 pm:      
Anglia seem to sell quite a few WBs. It's where I got mine from. I hope mine looks as smart as No95 (Heligan?) by the time I've finished with it! I particularly like the teak edging to the stern hatches. Think I'll try that

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 11:09 pm:      
Yes she really did look smart and it looks like she has been sold as she is now missing from the list.

Old Forum

Julian Swindell

Posted on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 10:11 am:      
Yes she is now owned by Paddy Willis and will be sailing Chichester Harbour. I just added him to the register

Old Forum

Julian Swindell

Posted on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 10:17 am:      
I know it is not a Winkle Brig, but did any of you see my new boat on the SwallowBoats stand? It is due to be launched, finally, early next month. The second BayCruiser, under construction, is also being bought by a former Winkle Brig owner. It seems to be a natural progression!

Old Forum

James_parsons
Username: James_parsons

Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 02:43 pm:      
She looks good. Nice lines! Would be interesting to see her on the water.

Old Forum

Roger Parish
Username: Roger_parish

Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 08:55 pm:      
Time for the Beale Park Boat show again next weekend, Fri/Sat/Sun (at Pangbourne on River Thames.) Julian will your completed boat be on display this year?

Old Forum

Julian Swindell

Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 09:43 pm:      
I'm afraid not, she's on her mooring down at Poole Harbour. Swallow Boats are planing to have their new, smaller, 17ft open BayRaider on show, but not on the water. It should be an interesting boat and I think a popular one. Ideal single handed day sailer. I shall try to get to the show but not sure which day yet. Probably Saturday.