News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Dome Headed Brass Nuts

Started by Old Forum, April 11, 2014, 11:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 09:00 pm:      
Today, as it was such a nice day, I started to get Markie ready for the new season. With Easter and a cruise on the Norfolk Broads with the TSA only 4 weeks away, all was going OK until I noticed a) one of the dome headed brass M10 nuts holding the bowsprit on to the studding that passes through the stem post (the same nuts are used for the mast pivot) had a broken dome and b) one of the dome headed brass M10 nuts that fasten the bronze fairlead to the stempost had gone walkies. Now these nuts are also domed where they bear on the fairlead casting. Has anyone got an idea where I might get hold of some spares?

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 11:02 pm:      
The good news
Fastfix do them at just 50p eachhttp://www.fastfixdirect.co.uk/code/navigation.asp?fType=Fasteners&MainCategoryI D=12&ProductCategoryID=59290
The bad news
They only seem to sell them in batches of 100

Old Forum

Martin_cartwright
Username: Martin_cartwright

Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 01:53 pm:      
Have you tried www.classicmarine.co.uk ?

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 05:51 pm:      
My first thought was Classic Marine but they do not list them on their website (but probably could have produced the goods with a phone call) but I have found some on e-bay, a pack of 4 for £4.75 So I have ordered these and will file down the shoulder of the mating surface to produce the dome on the other end. On closer inspection of my one remaining 'double domed' nut, I think that is how it was made as the depth of the hex is less than on the other flat faced domed nuts (if that makes sense to you).