News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Winkle Brig no 6 has been sold

Started by Old Forum, April 11, 2014, 09:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 04:04 pm:      
I have sold my beloved Winkle Brig, Pelican, to John Jarvis and I hope she will give him as much pleasure as she gave me over the last few years. I now await my new Swallowboat's BayCruiser with impatient anticipation.

I am happy to carry on maintaining this site unless and until someone else may want to take it over. I will start to depersonalise it over the next few days and will probably alter the gallery to make it easier to export the whole website to another server in the future, as and when that needs to be done.

I still love the Winkle Brig and hope to see some of you around Poole Harbour. I might even give you a race...

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 09:15 am:      
Downwind a Winkle brig might stand a chance but if tacking is involved, you will just leave us in your wake. The BayCruiser certainly looks a sleek craft although having watched the capsizing video on youtube, I think I would prefer to be in a Winkle Brig in a broaching situation. I have been on a few occasions and apart from a little water coming under/over the bulwarks, we have survived without too much drama. As the BayCruiser will be so light, there can be no excuses for not trailering her all over the country and joining the TSA cruises.

Old Forum

Julian Swindell

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 09:21 pm:      
Dear All,
Winkle Brig no 6 is well sold and now living in Chichester. Whilst I still have a love and interest for the boats, I am not directly involved with them anymore, with my focus shifting elsewhere. I thought it best that I depersonalised this web site now, so that it is just about the boat and its owners. I am happy to maintain it for the time being. Hope all goes well with all Winkle Briggers

Old Forum

Martin_cartwright
Username: Martin_cartwright

Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 10:06 am:      
Thanks Julia

Old Forum

David Hackett
Username: David_hackett

Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 07:43 pm:      
Thank you for bringing the winkle brig owners together and providing us with this website.

Old Forum

David Peck
Username: David_peck

Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 05:52 pm:      
Julian
I'd like to add my thanks to you for providing this web site.
It's been a source of invaluable information and great enjoyment to me. It's good of you to continue to maintain it, and I sincerely hope it continues for many years to come.
I wish you all the best with your new boat.
Happy sailing
David Peck

Old Forum

Julian Swindell

Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 03:50 pm:      
I know it is not a Winkle Brig, but if anyone is interested, my new boat from Swallow boats is shortly going to be on the building stocks. Swallow Boats have just published further details on their website which you might be interested in looking at:
http://www.swallowboats.co.uk/content/view/148/118/

This is what I shamefully deserted my faithful Pelican for