News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

How about a Winkle Brig Owners Society

Started by Old Forum, April 11, 2014, 09:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 09:49 pm:      
I have just been wondering if we should start to think about forming a proper Winkle Brig owner's society. This web site shows that there is a lot of interest and plenty of owners around. What does everyone else think?

Old Forum

Martin_cartwright
Username: Martin_cartwright

Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 09:38 am:      
I would be very happy to join.

Old Forum

Andy Dalby
Username: Andy_dalby

Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 11:47 am:      
We would be happy to join also.

Old Forum

David Peck
Username: David_peck

Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 12:20 pm:      
I would be very happy to Join.

Old Forum

Roger Parish
Username: Roger_parish

Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 10:26 am:      
What is the difference between a society and an owners association? What will these offer over the excellent forum and owners register?

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 11:45 am:      
I think I'm thinking about continuity as much as anything. At the moment I am hosting all of this just as a hobby. If I fall under the poverbial bus, lose the last of my few remaining marbles or even, Heaven forbid, decide that Winkle Brigs are a bit naff and I'd really rather sail a carbon fibre hydrofoil whilst wearing a garish wetsuit, the whole thing could fold up. A full association could alos generate a bit more publicity for the boat. what does anyone else think?

Old Forum

David Hackett
Username: David_hackett

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 08:29 am:      
Good forward thinking Julian, I must admit, when we had the spamming the other week I was concerned about the loss of this valuable resource. I for one appreciate that you do this for a hobby and perhaps it is time to form an association. One of my other boats is a 32' Macwester Wight and there is a very stable owners association approx 200 members. Not bad as Macwester ceased trading in 1979. However, there is far more info shared on this forum and more interest, there is certainly potential for an owners association.