News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Thank you

Started by Old Forum, April 11, 2014, 09:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Adrian Evans

Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 06:09 pm:      
Well, after a hectic weekend, I have Peggoty parked up at home. Bob Hollis, the previous owner, was kind enough to spend the day with me, going through the raising and lowering of the mast, rigging, launching and sailing, while his wife, Lynn, very kindly entertained my two boys and their two girls, and then provided us with lovely overnight hospitality.
I was delighted with the sailing characteristics of Peggoty: easy, relaxed, responsive and very steady, in an afternoon that ran between balmy dead calm, thundery squalls, and the wind backing 180 degrees. She even ran aground gracefully! Ahem! I think I shall be washing river Colne mud off the boat, car, and my clothing for a little while. My own mini Glastonbury festival!
And we had a lovely interlude on the way home, barbequeing razor clams on the draw bar of the trailer.
So I'm thoroughly looking forward to quietly practicing my rigging, attending to those little starter projects, and getting on the water.
I just wanted to say thank you to Bob and Lynn, if they have a look at the website, and thank you to all of you, especially Roger, Julian, David and Martin, for your patient responses to my questions,your imaginative and practical ideas for fixes and improvements, and your encouragement and support. I am particularly grateful to Julian and Roger for finding the time and energy to maintain two great websites, on top of maintaining their boats! Without the resource you have provided, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had the confidence to buy Peggoty.
Of course, I'm *really* going to start with the daft questions now!

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 02:20 pm:      
I await with trepidation...

Glad you enjoyed the boat. We don't call it "going aground". We call it "How about stopping here for lunch?"