News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Insurance

Started by Old Forum, April 11, 2014, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

David Cawston

Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 06:23 pm:      
How much do you pay and which company are you with?

I am with Saga and pay £99.68 There is a funny clause that does not let you leave the boat on tidal waters unattended for more than 3 hours unless the boat is in a marina. The Norfolk Broads are tidal so I got them to alter the wording to allow unlimited mooring on intertidal areas.

Old Forum

Roger Parish

Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 09:48 pm:      
I am with Saga and pay £77 but then I am much older than David! I have been with them for few years and they give me 20 per cent discount.

Old Forum

Adrian Evans

Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 05:27 pm:      
l've had my first quotation, from Noble Marine. (Not eligible for Saga yet.)
Noble came in at £191, for inland and coastal waters, no no claims. any recommendations to get that down a bit?

Old Forum

Martin Cartwright

Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 09:39 pm:      
Navigators and General £184

Old Forum

David Cawston

Posted on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 04:20 pm:      
Nautical Insurance Services Ltd, 57 Elm Road, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex SS9 1SP tel:01702 470811
I paid about £130 but this was with some NCD.
The policy was with Navigators & General.
I am now with Saga, there are some advantages in getting older, now how long to my bus pass?

Old Forum

Adrian Evans

Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:53 am:      
Thanks! Nautical have come up with £124, including legal cover, for inland and coastal, boat kept at home, no no claims. Pretty happy with that, but hoping I'm not missing something! Perhaps they think my postcode is nice and friendly!

Old Forum

Phil Shimmin
Username: Philshimmin

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 01:35 pm:      
Now its 2011, and insurance time again..my quote from Towergate Mardon was £199.74 for all risks, incl legal cover and road risks. How does this sound? Any better quotes ?

Old Forum

Martin_cartwright
Username: Martin_cartwright

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 03:55 pm:      
April 2010:- £172.74. Navigators & General.

Old Forum

Phil Shimmin

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 05:32 pm:      
Covermyboat, with no claims discount £90.They insured my previous boat....but I never had to make a claim, so I can't really comment about what happens when it all goes wrong!

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 08:35 pm:      
Still with Saga at just under £100, there are advantages in being over 50!

Old Forum

Phil Shimmin

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 12:16 am:      
OK David, covermyboat (policy with Allianz), would seem similarly priced,It looked cheap, but possibly as I'm over 65, I'm considered a good risk, and not inclined to go fast!So the £90 it is. Registered at the Nab today,(Windermere) Inluding the stick on numbers £20.

Old Forum

David Cawston

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 01:35 pm:      
Phil, please promise me you will not stick those dreadful Windermere registration numbers on to the hull, they look so ugly. I have an aluminium board that hangs down beneath the bowsprit, so looking as traditional as is possible.

Old Forum

Phil Shimmin

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 10:13 pm:      
Right David, you made me smile.....I thought Cmdre Parishs setup would be my inspiration. Also I plan to do the STA Broads at Easter, before Bala with George Billington a bit later.So numbers must be temporary.

Old Forum

David Cawston

Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 07:52 pm:      
At least the Broads temporary licence numbers are quite small. Stick these numbers on a bit of fablon, then stick the fablon to the hull. Then they peel off easily. I made the mistake of leaving these paper based sticky numbers on the hull (without fablon) for several weeks and they were a devil to get off.

Here is Partan on Windermere with number board

Old Forum

Roger Parish
Username: Roger_parish

Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 09:32 pm:      
Can you still buy fablon!? Stick them straight on the hull and warm with wifes hairdrier when you get home and they peel off easily!
That's another nice picture of my boat that I have not seen before. One of the few occasions I was allowed at the helm!
See you at Easter on the Broads.