News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

TSA Windermere Cruise

Started by Old Forum, April 09, 2014, 07:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Roger Parish

Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 02:21 pm:      
The Trail Sail Association has arranged a cruise on Windermere over the weekend 19th-20th October. Partan and Markie plan to be there, launching at Fell Foot at south end of lake on Friday 19th. Other members will probably launch at Ferry Nab. Dave Cawston has negotiated a £30 inclusive fee to cover the use of slipway, car and trailer storage and to stay Friday night on the jetty. If anyone intends coming and wants to launch at Fell Foot then let me know. The gates close at 5pm but I will arrive before then and get a key. Hope to see some more Brigs there. If this weather holds it may even be warm!

Old Forum

Adrian Evans

Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 04:13 pm:      
Roger, I am hoping to join you. I have just checked with the Lake Warden's office at Ferry Nab(open 8.30 to 5 - telephone 015394 42753)on what is required to get a boat 'Windermere legal.'
The permit for carrying an engine is £10 for the first year (to the end of October?!) and then £5 for renewal. The sticky numbers cost £5, or £14 for a removeable number board. You need to show them two forms of ID - the usual stuff - driving licence, bills etc. I sure I have forgotten something though. - Does that sound like everything?

Old Forum

Roger Parish

Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 07:30 pm:      
Adrian I think you have all the info except that if your boat is registered on the Small Ships register (SSR) then provided that you display the number visible on each side of the boat in 6 inch high lettering then you dont need to pay the £10.
Dave Cawston And I will be launching at Fell Foot Friday pm. I prefer Fell Foot as I always worry about the security of the car at Ferry Nab in the public car park. Some of the wardens there have the attitude you would normally associate with a parking warden! If you stay on the jetty at FN then they will charge you £30pn, so you are not really welcome! look forward to meeting you.
(The registration year is the fiscal year)

Old Forum

Martin Cartwright

Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 11:06 am:      
I would really like to make this date having never been to 'the Lakes' before.
Does anyone know how long I should allow from Southwold (Suffolk)to Fell Foot (I can't leave much before noon on Friday) and if I can deal with all the paperwork on arrival?

Old Forum

David Cawston

Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 07:18 pm:      
Hi Martin, And if for some reason Roger does not get a signal on his mobile whilst at Fell Foot, my mobile number is 07719927044.
As you can see from the photo above, both Partan and Markie have the numbers stuck to boards hanging below the bowsprit. Partan's is I think wood, Markie's is aluminium. The minimum size for the board is 565mm wide x 200mm high for the numbers plus 90mm wide x 100mm high for the annual payment sticker (which on Markie is pop rivetted on to the bottom of the main plate). There would be no worries about launching at Fell Foot without a licence but if you are worried about sailing (motoring) on Windermere you could slip up to Ferry Nab on the Saturday morning by car to sort out the registration.
Hope you can make it
Dave WB Markie