News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Who is sailing yet?

Started by Old Forum, April 08, 2014, 10:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Martin Cartwright

Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 07:36 pm:      
Would love to take Winkle to the Lakes (didn't make it earlier in the summer), but I can't make this weekend I'm afraid. Look forward to seeing some photos of Partan, Markie and Peggoty though.

Old Forum

Martin_cartwright
Username: Martin_cartwright

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 07:52 pm:      
How is the sailing going this year for everyone? I have had 3-4 blowey days on the River Orwell. (We have had nothing but North Easterly winds for about a month in these parts which isn't great for Winklebrigs- big seas and cold!).

Old Forum

Roger Parish
Username: Roger_parish

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 08:16 pm:      
I have just returned from Torbay where we spent a week in the marina with Markie and crew. The wind was blowing from the east all the time and it causes a tremendous swell in the bay! Dave Cawston has some video of my boat bobbing about like a cork! Not pleasant sailing. The last day was better but altogether disappointing weeks sailing. however the weather and the company was good. This video clip was taken on digital camera when sailing on Markie. Three crew and the ship's dog!
http://freespace.virgin.net/rogerandcynthia.parish/markie.mov

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 10:12 pm:      
I've had my boat down on a mooring at Poole since ear;y April and been out about six times. The weather has been "mixed" at best. Quite sunny but cold, cold, cold. I've had one night aboard, anchored of Brownsea Island, but it wasn't great fun. This Bank Holiday has been dreadful, but I did manage to go down on Sunday, and it was miraculously sunny for the afternoon. Lots of boats out racing, which required a lot of dodging and moments of just trying to work out who had right of way over who. I think I got it right most of the time.

Old Forum

Adrian Evans
Username: Adrian_evans

Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 02:20 am:      
not been out yet! I've been totally snowed under at work to the point of looking for a new job, and trying to make more room for the things I want to do. Pegs repairs and fettling well along now, and I'm fairly happy with the works so far.

Old Forum

Andy Dalby
Username: Andy_dalby

Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 12:26 pm:      
We were meant to be launching today, but luckily I messed my back up weilding bags of gravel last Friday. Ann's still writing reports (half term bliss) and the weather's rubbish anyway so we'll probably do a bit more cleaning and varnishing and maybe get a walk in sometime.