News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Refit of my WB 120

Started by VROUW KIRSTEN, July 28, 2015, 06:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VROUW KIRSTEN

I think much better than the old one.

Tomorrow we go on.

Life is happy, life is sweet, on a gaff rigged boat of 16 feet!

Andy Wiltshire

Hello Gerold.

Your thread is very interesting, especially the work to the hull. Keep the updates coming.

Andy.

VROUW KIRSTEN

Hello,

the most steps I have done this week are not really visible, but some pictures still possible.

This Weekend starting to install the cork on the bench seats inside.

Gerold

VROUW KIRSTEN

Please have a look to the Pictures, this weekend the portholes will be reintegrated.

I hope in the mid of May she will be back in her natural Habitat.

Greetings

Gerold

Ken

Oh dear ! Gerold !
I've not been to the forum for a while ... during which time you have moved from the heights of my admiration into the unreachable stratosphere :o

My best efforts over the winter have been re-siting some cleats, stripping and resealing one bulwark and some other little bits I've forgotten :(   .......... then the sun came out so I fixed it all together again and went sailing  .. The other bulwark got a quick holding coat and will have to wait till next winter to get stripped :)
I suppose my only excuse is that my boat winters under a cover outside so the foul weather kept me off much of the time. Decent weather's been a long time coming too so I've only sailed 5 days so far.

That tabernacle of yours looks huge in the pics but magnificent !  I'll be very interested to see pics when it's in place .. and better still , in use !
All the best
Ken

VROUW KIRSTEN

Hello Ken,

As I see in 10 days at the weekend my little girl comes back to the water again.
Actual I am repairing some crazy constructions in the rigging structure. Some other jobs have to wait until next winter, because the time for sailling is coming. Nearly one year refurbish and renew the boat is more I have ever planned and expected.
If the boat is in the water, some pictures will be placed here!

Kind regards

Gerold

VROUW KIRSTEN

Hey friends,

after nearly one year refit yesterday the WB 120 "VROUW KIRSTEN" returned to the sea. Please find enclosed some of the first pictures. If the weather becomes better here I will add some more.

We only had 1 1/2 Bft. yesterday, but it was a great moment for me to navigate her the first time.

Regards

Gerold