News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Painting the inside !

Started by Old Forum, April 08, 2014, 07:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

nick baker

Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 11:25 pm:      
Thought this might be an easy job for the winter. Has anyone done this and come out alive!
The fumes would be a major problem with any paint that is going to stick to glass fibre properly so any suggestions welcome.

Old Forum

Julian Swindell
Username: Julian_swindell

Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:14 am:      
I have repainted the inside of my cabin with standard Dulux egg shell gloss and it seems to work fine. I've never had any problem with it coming off. I think I put an undercoat on first, but to be honest I can't remember. The only problem is the cramped space and avoiding dripping the paint in your eyes. I used "crazy Cream", which seemed a nice off white colour. I also had a can left over from home so it was free too.

Old Forum

Andy Dalby

Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 07:16 pm:      
I used Blakes Bilge & Locker paint in white. I think it's very good. I did all the inside wood with International Original varnish. It's easy to apply and looks good if you like gloss. I didn't die doing it either, which is a bonus.

Old Forum

David Cawston

Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 02:19 pm:      
I painted mine with International non-slip deck paint which is what (I think) was originally used on Markie, something to do with stopping condensation.

Old Forum

nick baker

Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 09:01 pm:      
Thanks for all the suggestions , now all I have to find is a lefthanded dwarf to paint the areas under the cockpit sides!