News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Year built?

Started by Pat Arnold, May 25, 2021, 04:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave_cawston

My list only goes up to WB108 of which only 7 are marked as day boats. So the day boat is quite a rare beast.

wb43

Wow, didn't think the where that few. Great information and thank you

cgadeney

I have just bought WB 106, Cockle. Do you have any information on this boat?

dave_cawston

WB 106 Cockle was built in 1996 for a customer living in Southampton and was originally called 'BABOT B'.

cgadeney

Hi Dave,
Can you tell me when Cockle WB 106 was built and who the first owner was? I am interested as I have just bought her. Thanks, Chris.

John Middleton

Hi.  I have just purchased WB87. Does anyone have any idea as to what year she was built ?  Thanks John.

dave_cawston

Hi John,
WB87 was built in 1993 for a customer from Winchester.

John Middleton

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the information.  John. (WB87).

RollyDrifter

Hi .
Is there any info about a boat called Drifter ?
She has cream hull and I think, the higher coach roof.

Many Thanks

dave_cawston

Hi,

The only WB called Drifter I can find any info on is WB71 built in 1992.  A WB of that age would have the raised coach roof.  The hull colour is marked as 'Stone' as are a good number of WBs of that age.

RollyDrifter

That?s great, thanks so much .
I have sails with number 17, but have suspected for a while that they aren?t the right ones.
The job luff has been modified to hanks, I have and old broken fuller gear, and I actually saw another WB with sail No.17 ?Maud? I think, near Ipswich , plus at 17, I assume that would be the lower roof.

So maybe 71 , or I should check my sails again 😀

Many Thanks
Rolly

dave_cawston

If the sails are the originals off WB17, they were probably made by 'Performance Sails'. That is the case with Markie WB15