News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Winklebrig 106 'Cockle'

Started by robin, April 10, 2021, 06:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robin

Hi all-I write to introduce myself as the new owner of the above.I purchased 'Cockle', last October via Alex at Anglia brokerage and she was trailed down from Suffolk to Portsmouth-then onto the ferry to the Isle of Wight where she now lives.'Cockle' is being prepared for the Solent and I have learned an awful lot from the forums.The Winklebrig book was purchased and have read some of Pauline Rowson's books though not too happy about 'Nutmeg' being set on fire! Really looking forward to sailing her and she should be going on her mooring in Bembridge harbour in about four weeks time.

Jos Rijnvos

robin

Hi Jos-thanks for your kind wishes.Did you manage to find a suitable boat for yourself?regards,Robin.

John Burton

I am sure you will have great enjoyment on Cockle. We have had our first sail on Cressy today after a long COVID enforced break and it was wonderful to be back on the water. I hope you have many great adventures on Cockle.

Jos Rijnvos

Hallo Robin

as its happens we made a deal with the owner of the WB66 (Kobus)
The boat is at the moment still in winter storage but as soon as we can pick her up she is ours  :)

By that time I will be a very happy person

robin

Hi John-thanks and have admired your boat 'Cressy' via the owners listing.What lovely boats these are and the first one I saw was in Poole harbour quite a few years ago(maybe 'Puffin').Happy sailing days to come,regards,Robin.

robin

Hello again Jos-congratulations on your purchase-are you anywhere near the fellow whose life is sweet in a gaffer of sixteen feet.Round here(Isle of Wight)they say-nothing naffer than a plastic gaffer.Mind you,on the smart racing/cruising timber yachts there are three filler caps reading-Diesel-Water-Cash.Hoping your Winklebrig gives you much pleasure-regards,Robin.

robin

Hi all-possible correction-think the Winklebrig I saw in Poole harbour was 'Pelican'-green hulled,not as I mentioned 'Puffin'.