Author Topic: Dutch Winklebrig for sale  (Read 95 times)

Rick

• Minim - WB7
  • Administrator
  • Minim - WB7
    • View Profile
Dutch Winklebrig for sale
« on: June 25, 2019, 09:25:29 AM »
From Thea Kuling-Fibbe

Hi! Boat a tiny house on the water with a mooring for a small boat. Looking for a small nice boat I found this one.
https://www.yachtfocus.com/gebruikte-boten-te-koop/details/jachthaven-noordschans/146711/winkle-brig-16.html

It is the 95 I think. Any idea if the price of 6900 euro is realistic?

I don't know anything about these type of boats, only that they are very quite! Kind regards from Holland.

Heligan

• View Profile
Re: Dutch Winklebrig for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 02:55:27 PM »
HiRick/Thea
This is winkle brig number 96 and not number 95,
Number 95 belongs to me and I believe mine was built in 1994 so I would guess 96 was built either later the same year or perhaps the following year.
Although, if anybody knows better?
Paul Butler

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 07:48:55 AM »
Hi Thea. Good luck with your Winkle Brig research. May I modestly suggest that 'The Winkle Brig Book' might be a good place to start!

Mathis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 01:41:12 PM »
Hello Thea,

WB is really a beautiful and very robust boat. Some of them have some difficulties with the bilge plates. Sometimes they do not lift up and down easily. You should have a look. I do not know any other typical WB problems.

The price seems to me a bit high. Naturally, it depends on the care status. If there is a lot of work to do I would not spend more than 5500 Euro. If the status is really fine (e.g. ready for sailing), I would not pay more than 6500.

If I remember correctly, Mathilda was offered already last year, firstly for almost 9000 Euro, later for about 8000. I was looking for a boat for myself at that time, but Mathilda was too expensive for me. I hope this Information is a bit helpful. Good luck for your negotiation.

Mathis (WB 69)

VROUW KIRSTEN

• WB 120 - VROUW KIRSTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 09:46:02 PM »
Hello Thea,

I have paid 9.000 for my WB 120 including the trailer and some additional goodies. Starting renovation I had to state a lot of things to do, including some very expensive ones, at least it may have been cheaper to buy another boat, but the Winkle Brig is a very special one. As I see, comparing to other boats, app. 6000 Euro should be more than enough for a Winkle Brig in good state. Really.

Gerold
Life is too short to drink poor wine, waste time with boring people and to be far away from the sea!