News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

Trailer rollers on breakback trailer

Started by RollyDrifter, May 03, 2019, 06:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollyDrifter

Hi Hello .

I've had my WB for a couple of years but not used her much, hoping to change that this year ....

I've towed and launched happily but have been thinking about improving launching if I can .

I have a Bradley Rapid , break back (non rollercoaster cradle) trailer , nice big 13" tyres and am fitting a "launch winch" to help her back to the tipping point .

I've just been studying the rollers at the rear and think they are actually in the way of the bulge plates !! Which makes me suspect I've struggled with them before , the previous owner had her lifted in/out so may not even have launched from the trailer at all .

I can see the sense of help in the bow align, but with the WB about 4' up the trailer (during recovery) I suspect the bulge plates can't fail to hit the roller axles ...

I'd be happy to hear thought...

Thanks
Rolly

RollyDrifter

Sorry , will add a photo when I work out how :-)

RollyDrifter

dave_cawston

You are spot on, the WB roller coasters had specially fabricated components to avoid this problem.

dave_cawston

Note the original anti-fouling, 32 years old.  Shows how little we use 'Markie'

RollyDrifter

That makes sense , thanks .
They have been moved to the spares pile ...

Am sceptical that it's possible to launch or recover a WB from a breakback trailer and keep the hubs dry , but will keep thinking ... am playing with the idea of building a telescopic rear trailer extension, for use only on the slipway (pushes forward for travel ) ...

Thanks

dave_cawston

Launch and recovery so easy with my modified roller coaster (now breakback) trailer, dry hubs, dry feet, look on youtube     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnpfvGfcDr0

RollyDrifter

Thanks , yes , I think I'm overthinking it :-)