News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

coach roof vents

Started by Clint, June 06, 2014, 10:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint

I have noticed that some WB's mine included have vents in the coach roof, was this a later upgrade, or did some owner just cut holes in them? I have taken the old ones on mine out, and have stripped the wooden spacers/supports off as well, as they were badly cracked, and damaged beyond repair. The problem I now have, is trying to find a suitable replacement that will take the shape of the coach roof. I love the Vetus Mushroom Vents, but some how I don't think they will work. http://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/38031/Vetus-Mushroom-Ventilators.html?referrer=FROOGLE&gclid=CKiWsIGb5r4CFSGWtAodBkQAGA.
Clint.

Barend Nieuwendijk

Hi Clint,

I, WB 122, replaced the the vent with the Vetus mushroom ventilator. I am happy with it. In closed position it even holds your  weight in case you step on it.
Barend.

Clint

Hello Barend, did yours still have the wooden surrounds, that made a flush mount for the vents? I found cracks in both of mine, and they were not worth saving, so l had to take them off. so now l am left with the problem of trying to source/make new mounts, or somehow build a flat surface onto the holes, before l cam mounts new vents.
Clint