News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

What are we all doing?

Started by Old Forum, April 13, 2014, 07:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Nick Baker
Username: Nick_baker

Posted on Friday, November 29, 2013 - 08:33 pm:      
Anything interesting? Modifications ? New sails? Wondering what to do about the delamination on the hatch cover ? New brakes and suspension for the trailer? Wear on the rudder pintles?
I could go on but as usual it will be back in the water next year !
Nick baker WB 9

Old Forum

Mike_seller
Username: Mike_seller

Posted on Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 09:43 pm:      
Hi Nick,

I have recently done some work on my Hallmark Roller Coaster trailer replacing the original suspension/wheel/hub/ drum/brake units with a kit from Knott - Avonride which included stainless steel sealed bearings. The kit bolted straight onto the trailer without any need for modifications. The downside was that I had to buy new 12" wheel rims. I've also fitted new stainless steel Bowden cables to the brakes.
Next job is to clean up a badly weathered mast and re-varnish - probably a job for the spring.

Old Forum

Martin_cartwright
Username: Martin_cartwright

Posted on Friday, December 06, 2013 - 04:04 pm:      
This Christmas holiday I plan to fit two small cockpit lockers at the bottom of the quarter berths (accessed through the sides of the cockpit),as I find the two aft lockers are not big enough for all the clobber I need to have to hand, and I never get to the bottom of the quarter berths from inside anyway!

I am also treating myself to a lugsail mizzen to match the lugsail main I sailed with this year. It will be bigger than my gaff mizzen to help with the lee helm which the lugsail main conversion brought about. I will post photos of both when I am happy I have been successful with them.

Happy Christmas to all!