News:

Please let me know of any errors or suggestions to improve the site
(either email or use the "Contact Us" on the main site).

Main Menu

New Winkle Brig Owner Says Hello

Started by Old Forum, April 13, 2014, 07:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Forum

Tim Willey
Username: Tim_willey

Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 04:54 pm:      
Hello everyone. We're new Winkle Brig No.58 owners Tim and Jane. Been drooling over Winkle Brigs for many years (well to be honest, photos of Winkle Brigs) and now at last we have one. Fantastic boat - can't stop looking at her, and after a bit of fettling she will be out on the Broads this Spring. Her previous name was Mortimer, a perfectly good name I know, but as my name's Tim and I have a CSE in French, I worked out that the name had the disconcerting inference of Death-Tim-Sea. Now I know it's bad luck to change a boat's name (without the correct ceremony) but I think it's even worse luck to encourage disaster by spelling it out on your Transom! If any one out there has any ideas on the correct name-changing ceremony I'd love to hear your views and I hope you all don't mind me picked your brains in the future on the practicalities of sailing, trailing and maintaining the lovely Winkle Brig.

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 04:44 pm:      
Hi Tim & Jane, out on the Broads this spring, does that mean Easter? We will be launching Markie on Good Friday at Swallowtail Boatyard (after bacon butties for breakfast at Lathams Potter Heigham)before joining the TSA fleet at Potter in the evening. If you can make it (with or without WB58)and would like to meet up and see/be given a helping hand rigging and launching etc please email me davecawston@hotmail.com
Hope to see you at Easter and any other WBers.

Old Forum

Martin_cartwright
Username: Martin_cartwright

Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 07:17 pm:      
Welcome Tim and Jane. I saw Mortimer last year and she is a lovely boat. Congratulations!

Old Forum

Tim Willey

Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 07:42 pm:      
Thank you for the welcome, David and Martin, lovely to hear from you. David, I'll email you about meeting up on the Broads it will be really useful for someone to show us the ropes. i'll try my best to get WB58 on the water by then. By coincidence, I'm restoring the Bulwarks and using the system you suggest on the forum, it certainly will make removing them much easier in the future.

Old Forum

Vipula De Silva
Username: Vipula_de_silva

Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 07:23 am:      
Hello Tim and Jane. Collette and I have also just move a WB to the Broads - WB64 Annie Elizabeth. Hopefully will see you on the water sometime.

Old Forum

David Cawston
Username: David_cawston

Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 10:26 am:      
We are still on for launching Markie on Friday morning from Swallowtail Boatyard getting there around 10.30am We will then be making our way to Horsey Mere and mooring up for the night at the staithe by the wind pump. Friday evening the Trail Sail Association will be meeting at The Nelson, Horsey for a quiz (plus food and drink of course)everyone welcome.
We would be delighted to see any WB owners, with or without boats

Old Forum

Tim Willey

Posted on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 08:15 pm:      
Nice to hear from you Vipula, We'll look out for you on the Broads. Happy sailing.

Old Forum

Phil Shimmin
Username: Philshimmin

Posted on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 10:12 pm:      
WB 100 travels down the M6 Saturday for the southern Broads season..Locks Inn here we come!Hope to meet up with other vessels.