Author Topic: Electric outboards  (Read 10710 times)

Martin

• View Profile
Re: Electric outboards
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2017, 08:11:41 AM »
Thanks for publishing the results of your motor trials, Gerold.
As mentioned previously I keep the Torqueedo as an auxilliary on an drop-down transom bracket, so I have often wondered how it would perform.
I am off to Morbihan next month so I will do a bit of testing (although not in some of the more ferocious 10 Knot currents :-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=095PdISuZZ8)
 Not a tow car but this has kept me off the streets the last 18 months:-

David Bone

• View Profile
Re: Electric outboards
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2018, 09:01:59 PM »
I recently installed a Torqeedo 1003CS on W/B 107.
When mounted on the originally positioned outboard bracket, the fin of the motor projects about 4" below the keel and as I have an attraction for shallow water, with the occasional grounding, I moved the bracket up by 110mm.
By inserting 10mm spacers behind the bracket, the battery clears the well back plate by about 5mm, without modification and the forward end of the propellor hub clears the aft end of the keel by 15mm.
In operation, this works o.k.
I elected to install the optional remote controller, instead of the tiller, as I felt this would intrude too far into the cockpit and be a nuisance. The remote is bolted to a right angled plywood bracket, angled up by 30 degrees for screen visibility, which in turn is bolted through to the port locker, secured by hand tightened wing nuts, permitting removal after each outing.
Attached, should be a couple of photographs, illustrating the installation.
David Bone